Christmas is probably the best time of year for cookies. For one, there’s the gingerbread men. And of course, the classic Christmas cut-out cookies in the shapes of stars, trees, candy canes, and more. If the holiday season has you in the mood to bake (and get baked), you’ll love our take on the following holiday classic recipe for cannabis-infused Christmas cutter cookies.
With a bit of cannabutter and some creative imagination, these cannabis-themed Christmas cookies are bound to be your holiday go-to for many years to come. Creating your Christmas cookies with a cannabis theme is easy. Use Christmas tree cookie cutters, or take things a step further with pot-leaf cookie cutters.
Use the following recipe to create the Christmas cookies of your cannabis-laced dreams.
Cannabis-Themed Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 ½ cups flour, plus a bit more for rolling the dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat cannabutter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl at medium speed until creamy and mixed thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to mixed wet ingredients slowly, stirring until all the ingredients are combined.
- Cover the mixed dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Generously flour a large cutting board or flat, dry surface and roll out the cookie dough until it is approximately 1/3” thick. Cut cookies with your Christmas tree or pot leaf cookie cutters and transfer onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely.
For an added bit of holiday cheer, you can make your own powdered sugar frosting and decorate your cannabis-themed Christmas cookies.
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Food dye (optional)
Beat confectioners’ sugar, cannabutter, vanilla, and milk at medium speed until you reach a desired consistency. If you want to add some food dye, now’s the time to do it. While many people don’t care for dye, green makes an awesome addition to the whole cannabis theme.
Frost cooled cookies and decorate as desired.